Thailand waives tourist visa fees

If you are planning an extended stay in Thailand and you haven’t already organised your visa, then I have some good news for you.

Thai embassies and consulates are waiving the fees for all tourist visas issued between 11th May 2010 and 31st March 2011, which in the UK is £28 per entry.

I recently applied for a 3 entry tourist visa and saved myself £84 in the process. I can assure you that money will be put to very good use when I arrive in the LOS……it will buy me well over 100 bottles of beer Leo or a nice handbag for my better-half!!!

I had heard mixed reviews about the quality of visa services at the main Thai Embassy in London, so I decided to try the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull instead. They accept applications by post and in person, but if you want to apply in person you must make an appointment with them first.

I made an initial enquiry, via email, which was answered within 7 hours (I think this is incredibly good when compared to some other organisations!!!) and when I submitted my postal application, it was dealt with promptly and they returned my passport and visa in 3 days. The only cost involved was an £8 fee, charged by the embassy, to cover return postage.

I was very pleased with the overall service and level of efficiency and would have no hesitation in recommending their services. I would like to say thank you to all the staff at the consulate and commend them for their professionalism.

Here is their website which is very user friendly and easy to navigate……

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

And you can download visa application forms and other useful information by clicking the link below.......

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

More information, on the temporary waiver of tourist visas charges, together with details of other Thai-related events and activities in the UK, can be found on the following site……

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/newversion/index.php

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Logic

What the fuk?

Book Review: Good Medicine for Thailand Fever