A message to "Anonymous"

It would appear that one of my posts has caused some consternation among the denizens of the web.

The article in question was my description of Thailand's nightlife and the girly bar scene. A reader by the name of "anonymous" seems to have taken particular umbrage with the content, judging by the comment they posted......................

"How great to see the perpetuation of the life of prostitution that these poor girls have to endure. through poverty and lack of choice. And assisting others to follow your sleazy path. Well done. You must be so proud of yourself! (This is sarcasm in case you didn't get it). Bet you have also been to the red light district of Amsterdam where over 80% of the girls have been trafficked from the Ukraine and neighbouring countries."

Well, well, well "anonymous", you have got your panties in a bundle, haven't you?!!!! When you've finished spitting your vitriol, please allow me to deviate from my "sleazy path" and offer a riposte,

Firstly, when I proffer an opinion or make a comment, I do it with full transparency. People know who I am, they can see my picture, they can see where I live and my life is out in the open. You, however, have chosen to hide behind a cloak of anonymity which tells me all I need to know about your character.

Secondly, you lack an understanding of Thai society and culture and display a shocking ignorance of of Thai social values. You claim "poverty and a lack of choice" drives girls into prostitution, but this is not the case. Instead of poverty, you should have said that the main causes of prostitution are "greed, laziness and a desire for the superficial trappings of life". There are a wealth of employment and educational opportunities, in Thailand, for those who stay at school and work hard. But, the average Thai is like a magpie. They crave shiny, expensive objects and will take the easiest route to obtain these items which invariably involves opening their legs. You don't realise this, because you have never been to Thailand and you are unable to see the society for how it really is

Thirdly, I don't feel the need to throw around insults when I disagree with somebody. You, however, have tried to question my intelligence and besmirch my character with misplaced epithets.

Fourthly, I have been to Amsterdam, but I was too busy to visit the red light district. My interest in World War II history meant I was drawn to the Dutch Resistance Museum and Anne Frank's house. My love of high grade marijuana also left me little time or inclination to visit the tarts of the rossebuurt (This is sarcasm and a small measure of tongue in cheek humour, just in case you didn't get it)

You have about as much backbone as a battalion of French soldiers, so I'm sure this is the last I'll ever hear from you.............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Logic

What the fuk?

Book Review: Good Medicine for Thailand Fever