"Chinglish"

The post about English language mistakes in Thailand proved extremely popular and I have received numerous pictures and emails with examples of "Tinglish" and I shall endeavour to post these at a later date.

But......today's post is courtesy of a chum who has spent time in Beijing and has come across plenty of rib-tickling examples of "Chinglish".

This has been a source of great embarassment for Chinese authorities since increasing numbers of English-speaking tourists have been visiting the country since the 2008 Olympics.

They have actually set up a special task-force in Beijing who are responsible for eliminating these poorly worded signs and there is a hotline for people to call when a Chinglish blooper is spotted!!! More worryingly though, the people responsible for originally translating the sign will be searched out and made to "correct their mistakes". This is more likely to mean they will be taken to a Soviet-style gulag and made to break rocks with a tooth pick for 20 years, for turning China into an International laughing stock!!!

If your ready for some comedy gold.............have a look at the pictures below







I'm currently laughing so hard that I have tears running down my cheeks and tea dribbling out of my nose......make the bad Chinese man stop!!!!

If all it took to get fit was to stop spitting then I would end up looking like Arnold Schwarznegger, in his "Conan the Barbarian" days!!!! And I guarantee, that if Lions were proctecting the law in my neighbourhood then, crime would be stamped out over night!!!!

I hope you've enjoyed todays post and I just to let everyone know that I can't be held responsible for any injuries you sustain as a result of reading my blog and laughing too hard. You read my blog at entirely your own risk!!!!

Over and out

Penfold

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Logic

What the fuk?

Book Review: Good Medicine for Thailand Fever